The Sertoma Club of Lancaster, formed in 1952, is the largest of all the clubs which make up Sertoma International, a world-wide civic organization. The goal of the Sertoma Club is to provide SERvice TO MAnkind. The primary mission of Sertoma International is to assist speech and hearing impaired children.
In addition to assisting the International organization with this mission, the Sertoma Club of Lancaster has also adopted as its mission the beautification and upkeep of Lancaster’s Long’s Park, funding of Sertoma’s Kid’s Kamp, and other civic donations and support. In the Guinness Book of World Records for running the largest one day chicken barbecue, the Sertoma Club of Lancaster is made up of men and women who know how to accomplish great things with great humor.
Since its inception on February 15, 1952, the club has contributed over $2,000,000 and many enjoyable hours to community projects that have:
- Restored and beautified park land
- Turned high risk children to paths of leadership
- Brought world-class entertainment to the deaf
- Built amazing places for children to play
- Created a home for open air concerts, plays and community events
- Brought joy to the room-bound elderly
- Welcomed over 4,000 newly naturalized citizens
- and so much more!